Saturday, June 29, 2024

I find that it does me no harm for the players to be successful in the game, but I do like to jab in issues to what they are doing.
For example, they were successful in leading a war against an Elder Brain, but that win allowed another evil to gain in power, and changed the political landscape in the game permanently.
So it gives them a thing to look towards, but they still succeeded in what they wanted to do.

Not to mention, when they can't find the note in someone's pocket, because their investigation roll is too low, it might be better to tilt the luck in their favor.

So degrees of success: So if a standard success is DC15, and -5 is DC10 to get it with a complication, and -10 is DC5 to mean they fail (maybe they get pointed in the opposite direction, or are given the information in a way that leaves them suspicious).

So after that what happens with the +5? I mean I succeeded already... so I like maybe adding some money into the same pocket, or something like that.



source https://tech.lgbt/@pangoriaF/112698802695564481

No comments:

Post a Comment