Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A step towards Destiny

I filled out an application for an online course with Full Sail University. Paid the $75 application fee, filled out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and talked to someone there about what the next steps will be.

There's some really good things about Full Sail, that really drew me to selecting them over other Universities, and online programs. The courses were first and foremost. Very interesting selection, with exactly the kind of things I wanted to study, for exactly the fields I wanted to enter.

Like other Universities, by the end of the course, I'm going to have lead a small group to completing a project. In this case though, I'll be doing so online. I also get to revisit the course in the future at no charge, even if the course changes to accommodate new technologies. Finally, I get to study on my time, and they start fresh each month, meaning that at anytime that you want to start course work, you can apply.

But that's not all. 13 of their graduates worked on Red Dead Redemption. 3 of them worked on Modern Warfare 2.

Everyone around me has been telling me to get back to educating myself, and to get a degree. Somehow, I see this decision as a better guarantee of future success than playing the lottery every day.

I'll find out more tomorrow, as FAFSA information, and other things carry on. I still need to get my High School Transcript, and look for grants. I'm pretty sure I can do this. I just hope that everyone who told me to go back to school will support me as I go after a fifteen year old dream.

2 comments:

  1. if for whatever reason you're going to end up having to take out loans, go with direct/stafford loans first. all college loans suck, but at least aforementioned ones are not as much of a nightmare to repay as Fanny Mae and other private bank issued college loans can be. also - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my advisor pointed this out as well. I really felt helped when I called them, considering that even though I'm as old as I am, I never even glanced at information on going to college.

    She said Stafford loans don't accrue interest, so that I should take those first. I'm glad that it was good advice then! Thanks Leah.

    ReplyDelete