Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Graduating Despite the Odds

High School for me was akin to a type of nightmare. I had a few good friends, most of who ended up treating me like crap by the end of high school, one who never spoke to me again, and two who are still a close and dear friends. I was friends more with teachers than with students, and even then, some teachers simply hated me.

My Junior year, I was accused of threatening to shoot students, and was expelled for the semester (final judgment came down to, "We can't say you did it, but since you were accused, we are kicking you out anyways"). I kept on studying, and came back for Senior year and finished off High School.

Looking at my HS Transcript, I remembered all the dark times I had at that high school, but... more excitingly, I remembered all the good times I had with my friends (while they were friends). Now even though I'm doing my best to be accepted into Full Sail, and go back to school (even on an online course), I'm excited. I'm really getting excited about this.

So while Larisa has her eyes on Cataclysm, I have my eyes on Full Sail. Yet I believe that both our eyes are covered with rosy spectacles, that color the future in a bright tint. Will our expectations be met, or even exceeded? I can't wait to find out.

5 comments:

  1. 'I was accused of threatening to shoot students'

    so....did ya?? :P

    good luck with your school project, education is important and all that. I think I actually enjoyed myself too, most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didn't. It is on of the most unjust things that has ever happened to me in my life. That being said, I'm luckier than many other people, but it affected my decision to go off to college straight out of high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of the most.... sigh, the typo that got away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a difference between our journeys though. Yours matter. Cataclysm doesn't.
    Best of luck! It sounds as if you're going into this with a great attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was trying to go for a same/difference effect. Thank you for the comment. Though I do personally feel that my journey is more important, I'm sure that the people working on Cataclysm view a certain importance to Cataclysm succeeding.

    ReplyDelete