Sunday, April 29, 2018

Patreon! Going Live on the 1st!


I am a writer, a dungeon master, and a game designer. Make of that what you will. More to the point, I am Eddie Gomes, better known as Pangoria Fallstar. I have been writing poetry and short stories for over 20 years. I’ve also been creating small games for the past 5 years, and have otherwise been a Dungeon Master for Dungeons and Dragons for 15 years on and off.

I live in Southern California, where the debris meets the sea.




I'm a small creator in a big world of content. I can understand that there are levels of things in this world. There are creators across a wide spectrum of work online, and deciding to spend money on someone because they cater to something you want to see more of can be very special.

I want to thank anyone and everyone who supports my work. It can be strange, straightforward, or over the top. I am definitely ludic and very diverse overall. But, for me to be able to express myself completely I have to find a way to pay the bills.


Create to Pay Bills

The way the ecosystem of creation is, a person can’t just make something and make money off of it, without a lot of luck. A diversity of resources is important. I have long-term projects that I’m working on, but the pay off isn’t here. I would love to be able to just work on these things and not worry about money, but I have a family and a very particular set of skills that unfortunately mean that most places will not hire me. Essentially, I’m unable to get a job in retail anymore. I had an office job for too long, and I’m on a long list of people who are overqualified and in abundance for the work I do have experience with.

So, my goal is to take my skills and try to create things for people who want these things created. I’m a short story writer, and so, by supporting me, you support original short stories across a gamut of sci-fi, space opera, fantasy, urban fantasy, magical realism, and romance.






Supporting me means getting downloads of content that I’m making, as I’m making it. I have a variety of stories I want to write, and I have a list of "topics" (concepts, general ideas, entire outlines) that I work on. Most of it is original content, some of it is fanfiction, and others are chapter stories. I'll release either a chapter a month or a different story each month, depending on how the voting goes.



I'll continue to use Fanfiction.net for my Fanfiction stories, and original short stories will be put on tapas.io.



"That is...a tremendously f-ed up story. I'm damn near non-shockable, but this definitely threw me for a loop." - Tuatara

"Rather funny, in a chick-flick comedy sort of way..." - Mr. Qwerty

"…Sigh." - Anonymous

"This story has gotten really weird yet not completely unbelievable considering what we know of these characters." - Compucles

"Seems to get weirder all the time..." - Shadowstalker666



There's a law called COPPA that is causing a lot of online creators on youtube and beyond to make sure that their content is being directed at the appropriate audiences. There are extra rules designed to protect kids from being advertised to, and since my target audience would be young adults and older, I am saving myself the grief of dealing with someone thinking that any video games, cartoons or images I use are targeting kids, when I am trying to target the inner child of an adult audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment